Wanted: A strong leader to drive the transport planning functions, and build cohesive relationships with relevant stakeholders within the supply chain.
Do you enjoy pushing for results and adding value? Then apply for this position at ForFarmers, the largest animal feed company in Europe.
UK Planning Manager
Location: Preston, full time
What will you do?
As the UK Planning Manager, you will be responsible for leading the transport planning function, and managing the teams effectively. The role will drive change and empower the teams to succeed, and achieve key objectives. You will build strong relationships between departments, and with customers. You will also maintain Paragon and ensure system compliance to achieve the efficiencies required within the organisation.
Tasks and responsibilities as a UK Planning Manager:
- Define and maintain planning routines to ensure consistency of performance across all sites.
- Ensure that all transport plans are subject to hand-over to TMS and agreed sign-off documented.
- Ensure that planned routes meet agreed targeted costs/ budgets
- Ensure that all of the benefits from Paragon are achieved
- Transition the business from manual planning to full auto routing capability
- Deliver best practice throughout the department
- Ensure that planning team maintains Paragon master data configuration and ensure that the SAP data is correct.
- Establish KPIS to drive performance of Planning function and produce dashboard reports.
- Develop relationships with Operations Managers, transport managers, CSD and other stakeholders.
- Team succession planning
- Training and development of planning team.
- Ensure that the appropriate planning resource is in place for seasonality
- Develop Logistic strategies to manage volume fluctuations
- Develop strategic partnerships with 3rd party subcontractors
- Deliver CI including Transport Modelling for seasonality
- Paragon compliance
Your CV shows:
- Two years people management experience
- Experienced Paragon user
- IT system awareness and technical skills with Microsoft Packages
- Stakeholder management
- Team Development
- Analysis and report writing
- Negotiation skills
- Commercial awareness
- Experience managing a budget
- Cost awareness and avoidance
- Process driven
- Understanding of the Animal feed business.
- Awareness of Drivers Hours Regulations. (must be prepared to gain CPC ).
A you a strong leader, looking to drive change and empower a team? Then we are looking for you!
Are you the UK Planning Manager we are looking for?
If so, please continue your application by hitting the ‘apply’ button. Do you have any questions? Don’t hesitate to ask.
Did you know that…
- ForFarmers (Lochem, the Netherlands) is an internationally operating feed company that offers Total Feed solutions for conventional and organic livestock farming.
- ForFarmers has a turnover of 2.4 billion euros and produces 10 million tonnes of animal feed per year?
- ForFarmers employs approximately 2,700 people and has sites in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, Poland and the UK?
- ForFarmers invests significantly in sustainability, animal welfare and safety?
- ForFarmers has the ambition to become the best supplier of feed for domestic animals in Europe and is well on its way? And that you can play a role in this?
We offer: excellent employment conditions, a good work atmosphere and plenty of freedom
Working with ForFarmers means working with: an internationally growing and highly dynamic company, a result-orientated organisation with a pleasant and informal work atmosphere, a company that gives you scope for individual initiative and responsibility as a result of which you can partially create your position and your future. Naturally, ForFarmers offers a good salary which suits your role, as well as excellent fringe benefits.