UK Head of Ruminant Marketing - Remote, full time
What will you do?
The marketing team is responsible for translating the global specie strategy into a local activation plan and to manage the different elements of the marketing mix (portfolio, pricing, campaigns, segment strategy, communication).
The marketing team provides the ammunition for both the field sales force as well as the trading teams for the selling of our offering into the market. The marketing teams works closely together with the technical team, the sales teams, the trading team, our formulation department and the innovation center.
As you may expect, the Head of Ruminant Marketing will lead the marketing team and is overall responsible for the delivery of our market proposition and our positioning within the UK Ruminants market. This role reports directly into the Business Unit Director for Ruminants in the UK and will form part of the wider Business Unit leadership team.
In a nutshell, the Head of Ruminant Marketing will lead both the marketing team and the whole of corporate comms for ForFarmers UK. A specific focus on brining the ForFarmers brand to life and putting us in the forefront of client and customers minds is our goal.
This role is a remote role that can be done from anywhere if you are not local to one of our sites.
What is your role?
- Shape and Define our UK Ruminant Marketing approach at both a strategic and tactical level
- Steering of the marketing mix Portfolio Management, Margin Management, Creation of a Campaign Calendar, Innovation Pipeline
- Lead generation for sales force
- Enhancing the Forfarmers communication strategy and overall positioning in the market
- Build and maintain the internal and external network to create the needed impact and access to the needed commercial input
- Day to day running of UK Corporate Comms
- Defining profitability targets on product and services level
- Defining pricing strategy per product (draft value, distance to competitor and cost information)
- Managing the assortment in relation to specie strategy, hence market demand and operational excellence (e.g. # sku’s); forecasting of sales volumes
- Monitoring and steering the value of the FF concepts in perspective of our customers.
- Participate in or supervise a functional project team within a sector
- Preparation and monitoring of implementation plans required for the timely realization and commercialization of products and services
- Ensures a successful introduction of products and services in the market
- Reporting on objectives and progress to management and other stakeholders
- Deliver insights into market developments and trends
- Generate management information on customer retention, recruitment and profitability on product and service level
- Supporting commercial actions sharing progress and successes with the team
- Analyse and translate management information on product and service levels to immediate colleagues and team members.
Develop the team & Personnel management
- Initiate, promote, encourage and facilitate collaboration and consultation within the team were possible
- Directing, coaching and motivation of the team
- Ensure the team has an adequate level of knowledge to deliver the set objectives
- Identify development opportunities of staff and initiating actions to shape these developments
- Carry out the annual HR Cycle (target setting-, mid-year review and appraisals)
- Conducting recruitment interviews
- Execution of internal procedures in case of illness or absence of team members
- Taking care of appropriate use of CRM by all team members
Your CV shows:
- Professional degree or University or equivalent commercial experience in a similar role
- Strong people management/leadership experience
- Exposure/experience working within the Agriculture sector is fundamental to the success of this role whether it be direct within the feed industry or other areas of agriculture
- Ideally – A minimum of 5 years of experience in an agricultural supply industry in a marketing management or sales management role
- Proven track record in turning a commercial strategy into action & results
- Knowledge of the marketing process, communication strategies and campaign management
- Able to build up relevant networks and utilise contacts
- Project management skills
- Strong personal presence and good communicator
- Strong IT skills
Are you the Head of Ruminant Marketing we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV with a covering letter through this link (or through the ‘apply’ button) or alternatively, reach out to our UK Recruitment Business Partner, Jordan Carter (Jordan.Carter@ForFarmers.eu)
Did you know that…
- ForFarmers has a turnover of 2.1 billion euros and produces 9.3 million tonnes of animal feed per year.
- ForFarmers employs approximately 2,270 people and has sites in the Netherlands, Germany, Poland, Belgium and the UK
- ForFarmers invests significantly in sustainability, animal welfare and safety
- ForFarmers has the ambition to become the best supplier of feed for domestic animals in Europe and is well on its way. You can play a role in this!
Why work for ForFarmers?
Working with ForFarmers means working with an internationally growing and highly dynamic company, a result-orientated organisation with a pleasant and informal work atmosphere, a company that gives you scope for individual initiative and responsibility as a result of which you can partially create your position and your future. Naturally, ForFarmers offers a good salary which suits your role, as well as excellent fringe benefits.
ForFarmers is the European Market leader for animal feed operating in 5 different countries. We aim to deliver value adding feed solutions to farmers.