40 hours/week – 4 on 4 off shift pattern (excluding Sundays)
An exciting opportunity has arisen at ForFarmers UK Ltd for a Transport Coordinator based in Portbury. You will share responsibility for ensuring continuous and effective control, resulting in full legal compliance with the “Operators Licence” and assist with management of the commercial performance of the fleet in line with financial budgets and targets.
Duties & Responsibilities:
You will be reporting to the Transport Manager and will assist with all transport activity on site. This will include (but not limited to):
- Aid the TM to track volumes V’s expenditure to ensure productivity KPI’s are achieved.
- Assist with achieving Customer SLA’s and OTIF KPI’s are aligned with targets.
- Provide the necessary leadership and coaching to direct reports to ensure the operation is safe and legal at all times with a view to continuous development.
- Manage, develop and motivate direct reports to ensure that all KPI objectives are achieved.
- Investigate non-conformances and resolve any issues arising from customer, drivers or 3rd parties to the satisfaction of those concerned.
- Develop and maintain all relationships with key service providers to the Logistics Operation.
- Review and identify any training requirements of direct reports and escalate accordingly.
- Have regular input, interface and build relationships with key stake holders in the ForFarmers UK Business and customers.
- On day management of the days planned deliveries, utilising the company’s computers software and systems such as Paragon/Fleetboard/SAP to confirm all vehicles and drivers are where they should be and all loads are booked out correctly.
- Liaising and communicating with the relevant departments Logistics, Production, Planning & Customer Services to resolve on day issues as they arise to unsure the delivery meets our On Time In Full KPI’s.
- Daily Debrief – Checking all loads back in. Check for conformance to plan, update any account information & special instructions passed on from Drivers and liaise with the planning team for continuous improvement. Confirm all Delivery Notes are signed and filed daily. In the case of incomplete deliveries, raise the return and arrange the new order for the customer with the relevant department.
- Communicate with the Drivers to advise work schedules and start times & prepare their paperwork for the next day’s plan. Driver’s hours and rules must be adhered to in all cases so a knowledge of this is desirable, however full training will be given and is the responsibility of the Transport Manager.
- Deputise for the Regional Transport Manager at the nominated site in their absence.
- Manage, comply and maintain procedures within ForFarmers Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems policies and related regulations.
Admin & General Duties
- Raise Purchase Requisitions as and when needed when we are provided with the service or goods are received. Check shipments to confirm if any 3PL has been use a cost has been raised and receipted.
- Update any directions to account using (WHAT 3 WORDS) and phone numbers.
- Responsibility Vehicle Cleaning Records, check all document are completed correctly, e.g. washes/ swabs/ have taken place and samples logged and sent off in line with UFAS requirements.
- Support Transport Manager & Assistant Transport Manager with Health & Safety requirements.
Your CV shows:
The successful applicant will need to live within commutable distance of Portbury.
- CPC National Qualification (Desirable) - this is a development role, the opportunity to acquire this qualification will be provided by the company to the right candidate
- Good standard of education
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- IOSH – Health and Safety Qualification (Desirable).
- Experience of working within a Transport / distribution Operation.
- Knowledge of Paragon/Fleetboard/SAP shipments is desirable.
- Computer literate
- Able to work as part of a team
- Strong communicator
- Ability to react to business demand with a solutions driven mindset
Are you the Transport Coordinator we are looking for? If so, click apply or reach out to our UK Recruitment Business Partner, Jordan Carter.