Wanted: A methodical and self-motivated all-rounder to work as part of our formulations team. Are you flexible in nature and a good communicator? Are you familiar with animal nutrition? Then apply for this position at ForFarmers, the largest animal feed company in Europe.
Bury St Edmunds, full time
What will you do?
Working alongside our production, buying and nutrition colleagues, you will ensure that our mills receive recipes to produce the best possible products in the most efficient way. You carry out evaluations, challenge costs and provide insight for the business.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Formulate to National Specification to maintain nutritional integrity of the rations and to ensure physical quality targets are met whilst striving for best cost, for at least one of our production sites.
- Supply regular forward raw material usage information and provide evaluations with which to achieve cost effective purchases and use of raw materials.
- Produce costings information for forward sales as required.
- Work closely with the business on raw material issues, identifying costs of milling constraints and highlighting potential cost savings.
- Maintain mill labelling data and ensure all labels conform to both legal and company requirements.
- Assist in site investigation of complaints should they arise, attend business focus meetings as required and contribute to the improvement of required product quality.
- Provide cover for other members of the formulation team in the event of absence.
Your CV shows:
- It is useful to have a degree in animal nutrition or similar, but not essential for the right candidate.
- Useful to have Feed Production knowledge/experience.
- An interest in farming and agriculture.
- A working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Full driving license
Good at organisation, proactive and with an eye for detail? Self-motivated and able to work under pressure? Interested in farming and agriculture? Then we are looking for you!
Are you the feed formulator we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV with covering letter through this link (or through the ‘apply’ button) before the 1st October 2020. Do you have any questions? Don’t hesitate to ask. Get in touch with Becky Rolingson, UK Formulation Manager, through our central telephone number: 01359 270320.
We offer: excellent employment conditions, a good work atmosphere and plenty of freedom
Working with ForFarmers means working with: an internationally growing and highly dynamic company, a result-orientated organisation with a pleasant and informal work atmosphere, a company that gives you scope for individual initiative and responsibility. Naturally, ForFarmers offers a good salary which suits your role, as well as excellent fringe benefits.
Did you know that…
- ForFarmers has a turnover of 2.1 billion euros and produces 9.3 million tonnes of animal feed per year?
- ForFarmers employs approximately 2,270 people and has sites in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium and the UK?
- ForFarmers invests significantly in sustainability, animal welfare and safety?
- ForFarmers has the ambition to become the best supplier of feed for domestic animals in Europe and is well on its way? And that you can play a role in this?