1-2 category products and by running campaigns.
Here at ForFarmers we aim to deliver total feed solutions to farmers. In order to do so we operate a field sales force of feed advisors, who will go out on farm to advise on the feeding and management of the farm, and a specialist team that supports the selling of our Total Feed Solutions.
Total Feed Specialist
Flexible Location - Full Time Position
What will you do?
The specialist team is set-up to work closely with the field sales force to drive sales of all the ‘out-of-parlour’ products. Each Total Feed Specialist is linked to a number (5-6) of feed advisors and responsible for the selling of the combination of straights, blends, moist/liquid feeds, palletised, seeds, additives, fertilizer and calf milk replacer. The aim of the Total Feed Specialist and the feed advisors is to jointly develop the business in their assigned area. The Total Feed Specialist looks for opportunities for the feed advisors with customers where we currently only sell 1-2 category products and by running campaigns.
The Total Feed Specialist follows up on leads generated by the feed advisors for other category products and aims to cross-sell into customers who currently already take feed from us.
The work of the specialist team is revolves around the existing diet optimization taking place on farm by our feed advisors. By closely collaborating with the feed advisor, we have a thorough understanding of the needs of the farmer and are able to put the right offers on DML category products in front of them. This is driving our strategy of delivering Total Feed Solutions and delivering value on farm.
The Total Feed Specialist works alongside the Field Feed Advisor to increase the number of products each customer purchases.
Tasks and responsibilities (or: What is your role?) as an Co-Product Trader:
- Selling of all the DML category products in the ForFarmers portfolio in the assigned area / customer base
- Working closely with feed advisors to develop our business and drive growth in cross-selling
- In conjunction with the Product Managers, drive sales campaigns to generate leads for the field sales force
- Advise farmers on the right product selection of straights, blends, moist/liquid feeds, minerals, forage/seed and calf milk replacer
- Follow-up on leads for DML category products generated by the field sales force
- Support the specialist team in developing best practices and sharing knowledge
- Sales volumes and margin realization for the DML categories
- Increase all DML category product cross-sales across our existing customer base
- Lead generation for sales force
- Following up on leads from the sales force
- Implement and execute the sales and marketing campaign for DML category products – Communication follow-up (phone, text, email, voicemail)
- Identifying new business opportunities and working with product managers on how to capture
- 100% logging on C4C of all customer interactions. C4C is your central tool for storing and sharing customer information.
To be successful for this role, your CV will show:
Higher Education level preferred (Degree, BTEC )
- Minimum 2 years work experience within animal sales.
- Communication skills
- Having a “go to market” attitude
- Proactive / results driven
- Motivation for sales
- Sales and Closing skills
- Customer focus
- Computer literate – CRM experience essential.
Good at organisation, have a "go to market" attitude, proactive and with drive for sales, Customer focus?
Are you the Total Feed Specialist we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV with a covering letter through this link (or through the 'apply’ button)