The market approach of ForFarmers is focused on delivering added value onto farms. The essence of this approach is the technical knowledge of our sales force, the way we work with farmers and the tools we put in place on farm to support the right decision making. To make this happen we aim to operate a highly skilled field sales force that can deliver our proposition combined with a trading desk that gives remote support to the selling process.
The technical team is put in place to ensure our advice process is of the highest possible standard and to make us consistently deliver feed solutions on farm that help improve a farmer’s results. By training our people, providing technical support, developing our sales process, feeding back on the performance of our products in the market and by solving problems on farm the technical teams plays a key role in making ForFarmers the partner of choice for the farmer.
The technical team consists of a number of technical managers who all work closely with one or more of the sales managers to improve the technical selling capabilities of our sales force. The technical team constantly evaluates and develops our technical approach on-farm.
The successful candidate will work with the sales manager and sales team to improve and develop the technical selling capabilities of the sales force. Implement a consistent, differentiating and value added approach for our work on farm. By doing so reduce the customer churn rate and improve the conversion rate for prospecting. Both elements will need to contribute to the achievement of the sales team budget and to drive our sales costs/ ton down.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Adoption of added value approach in sales teams
- Uniform method of selling and advising defined, focused on deliver value on farm
- Roll-out of the approach into the sales team
- Strict follow-up within the sales teams on our advice / selling approach
- Implement our advice tools into the sales force
- Evaluate and continuously develop our on-farm sales approach
Business result steering
- Achieving sales team budget targets
- Reduction of customer churn
- Increase prospect conversion ratio
- Achieving a higher margin/t than competition justified by delivering more added value
Technical training & support
- Technical Onboarding for new joiners into the business
- Technical training of the sales force – tailored to individual development needs
- On the job coaching of the sales team members
Troubleshooting on farm
- Solve technical problems on farm
- Technical support in the follow-up and settling of complaints
- Feedback on product perfomance to prod. Mgrs
- Contribution to C&A platform (led by product manager)
Health and Safety
- To ensure that you work to a safety first culture and to provide a safe working environment for all employees
Your CV shows:
- Desired – Professional degree; preferably within agriculture and/or a technical remit OR a reasonable amount of hands on commercial experience
- Ideally a minimum of 4-5 years of experience in Sales or Agricultural Supply within a sales management type role
- Ability to build and utilise networks
- Knoweldge and confidence in sales processes
- Project management skills
- Strong personal presence with good communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Relationship building ability
- A growth mindset
The ideal location for the successful candidate would be Central England across to the East of England (Approximately from the welsh border across to Lincolnshire but could be based anywhere between in Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Bedfordshire, East Anglia, Worcestershire, Shropshire, Cheshire or even Greater Manchester).
Are you the Technical Manager we are looking for to join our dedicated team?
If so, please send your CV with a covering letter through this link (or through the ‘apply’ button).