Production Team Manager - Shifts
Preston, Full Time, Permanent
We are currently recruiting a Shift Team Manager role within our feed mill, at our Preston site. The Production Team Manager reports directly to the Production Manager and proactively manages all Mill Operations whilst on shift, Inclusive of all H&S responsibilities and communication to other departments in formal/informal manner , Holds daily Tier accountability reviews to establish actions. You will be responsible for delivering the production plan on time and to the correct costs, to the targeted Efficiency , whilst maintaining high Quality of Product.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all mill activities while on shift
- Complete Customer complaint investigations
- Deliver the production plan to the required time line
- Make sure that their shift is manned up to the required levels, controlling/managing planned and unplanned absence updating workday system
- Complete back to work interviews in a timely manner to the correct standard
- Manage their teams working hours and monitor them in line with their annualised hour requirements, so they come into line
- Complete accident investigations when required and input into Intergrum in a timely manner
- To ensure that the machines and systems placed under their control are run to optimise performance
- Utilise the DSL system to drive improvements in efficiency
- Communicate to all departments formal and informal at the required times
- Manager the weekly H&S inspections in line with the confirmed plan
- To ensure that the mill is maintained to an acceptable standard of Hygiene throughout shift
- Maintain site processes/std in line with the UFAS code of practice
- Manage the daily Tier 1 accountability review in line with the process defined and confirm actions to be completed in a timely manner. Keep records/reports up to date. Issue weekly report from the process
- Manage teams training and development needs and maintain training record/matrix
- Ensure their shift is maintained to high level of H&S , and any issues are communicated in a timely manner and actions completed
- Ensure Environmental management system is followed and adhered to complying with BS EN ISO 14001/50001
- Lead and manage 5S process
- Hold/manager informal counselling and first level disciplinary process reviews
Your CV shows:
- Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Feed mill Experience required (Desirable).
- An awareness of the importance of our responsibilities to working within current legislation.
- Conscious of Health and Safety procedures.
- Great attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
Are you the Production Team Manager we are looking for?
If so, click apply or reach out to our UK HR Team.