Portbury, Full Time, Permanent
We are looking for an experienced Shift Supervisor to join our Portbury team. The core focus of the role will be to supervise the production of feed to the required standards of both quality and output. The successful candidate will work in collaboration with the Site Manager, Mill Planner and Maintenance teams to make and influence decision making to maximise efficiency.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Organise and allocate shifts to employees as necessary to maximise production and loading
- Arrange cover for Production Shifts
- Ensure that shift members are performing tasks to required standards
- Authorise and track team holiday whilst ensuring shifts are adequately covered organising cover where necessary
- Provide effective communication to site personnel
- Act as the principle first aider for the shift
- Attend daily production meetings to discuss manufacturing requirements for the next 24 hours implementing any actions raised.
- Take sole responsibility for the mill outside of core working hours ensuring routine maintenance and running repairs are carried out when necessary
- Ensure a safety first culture operate on site and ensure statutory requirements are adhered to
- Carry out risk assessments prior to any work commencing
- Ensure work areas are kept clean and tidy with cleaning routines and protocols are followed
- Perform correct stock transactions on the ISIS computer system
- Maintain accurate site stock records
- Ensure company UFAS and Quality standards couple with all Health, Safety, Environmental (ISO 14001) and Energy (ISO 50001) standards and procedures are adhered to
Your CV shows:
- Previous experience in a Shift Supervisor role
- First Aid Qualification/Certification
- Fork Truck Licensed
- Experience of computerised controlled processes
- Flexible attitude to work
- Effective communication
- Problem solving skills
- Leadership experience
- Numerate and IT Literate
- Able to work on own initiative
- Flexibility to work rotating shifts
- IOSH Certification (Nice to have but not essential)
Are you the Shift Supervisor we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV with a covering letter through this link (or through the ‘apply’ button) or reach out to UK Recruitment Business Partner, Jordan Carter.