Senior Transport Planner
What is the role of Senior Transport Planner at ForFarmers?
The role forms part of the planning team. This is a key role, defining working processes within departments for the successful delivery and management of the day to day orders.
Senior planner will provide leadership to
the transport planning function developing relationships with transport teams, CSD and commercial.
The successful candidate will be responsible for enforcing working parameters and ensuring that the plans are presented in a timely manner in accordance with company standards required maintaining OTIF.
Role will include coaching, mentoring and supporting a team of planners.
Based on a 40 hour week working any 5 days from Monday to Saturday.
Key responsibilities and duties of the role include:
- Provide leadership and operational support to the Transport Planning function through a number of transport planners based at Preston Site and remote locations throughout the UK.
- Develop and operate within standard ways of working within the planning function. Implement any changes that are required based on seasonal demand.
- Ensure that transport plans are produced to a consistent level across all UK Sites, utilising Paragon to optimise resource utilisation and achieve cost effective plans.
- Identify any gaps that occur, conduct root cause analysis for any departmental failures, whilst identifying countermeasures that will improve the process.
- Cover planning team holidays as and when required.
- Define and maintain planning routines to ensure consistency of performance across all sites
- Ensure that all transport plans are subject to hand-over at desired times
- Ensure that planned routes meet agreed targeted costs/ budgets ( Measurable)
- Deliver daily briefs
- Set and deliver teams annual objectives
- Transition the business from manual planning to full auto routing capability where possible
- Deliver best practice throughout the department
- Support planning function in creating and managing KPIS to drive performance improvements
- Develop relationships with Operations Managers, transport managers, CSD and other stakeholders.
- Team succession planning including training and development of planning team to be fully cross functional
- Build new partnerships with 3rd party subcontractors
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience in Management of a small team
- Experienced Paragon user who can utilise and share best practice
- IT awareness and technical skills
- Relationship development and familiar with development plans
- Good communication skills
- Commercial awareness & Budget knowledge
- Cost awareness and avoidance within the team
- Process and Procedurally driven
- Fast thinking with ability to problem solve
- Worked within a fast pace environment working on reduced lead times
- Awareness of Drivers Hours Regulations
- Ability to step in and cover the plans as and when required
Are you the Senior Transport Planner we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV with a covering letter through this link (or through the ‘apply’ button) or alternatively, reach out to RecruitmentUK@forfarmers.eu
What are the benefits of working for ForFarmers UK?
- Employee Assistance Programme (offering support on a range of topics).
- No two days are the same offering variety in your role.
- Opportunities to visit different sites, customers and suppliers.
- Options to enhance your pension after 12 months service (increased employer contributions).
- Opportunities to grow personally and develop within the business
- Cycle to work scheme.
- B&Q Trade card offering 10% discounts in-store and online.
- And much more!
Want to know a little more about ForFarmers?
Do you ever stop to wonder where your Sunday morning poached egg came from? Or the milk in your cafè latte? Or what about the sausage and bacon served with full English? It will come as no surprise to you that the animals which produce these products need to eat themselves too. And that’s where ForFarmers comes into the equation.
ForFarmers produces feed for cattle, pigs and poultry in both conventional and organic livestock farming. And that probably sounds a great deal simpler than it actually is. Make no mistake: an awful lot of knowledge, research and innovation has gone into one of those seemingly simple-looking chunks of animal feed. And these are the kind of things we, as a company, invest a great deal in.