Summary of the Role:
An excellent opportunity has arisen at ForFarmers for an experienced Senior HR Officer / Manager to join our team in Shepshed, Loughborough, to cover a period of Maternity Leave. To be part of a small HR team delivering generalist HR expertise. Working with the HR department in partnership with the management teams, responsibilities will vary according to the needs of the business area, ranging from enabling performance management, employee communications, discipline and grievance and training and development. Work will involve projects which support the business functions through a period of significant change.
Emphasis on delivering a proactive and flexible HR service, by providing relevant and appropriate HR support to all employees, whilst driving best practice and ensuring compliance with all company procedures, policies and employment legislation.
This role will ask flexibility in traveling to the various locations of ForFarmers UK
• Develop coaching relationships with managers to build their line management capability
• Support in employer branding, launching ForFarmers as an employer of choice in the agricultural sector.
• Support in the delivery of HR elements of training and development change activities such as setting up training and development programs including with preparing necessary documentation, keeping records and tracking actions, ensuring all is updated.
• Policy – provide advice to line managers in implementing all people policies.
• Support the appraisal process and provide advice and guidance to line management in the production of individual development plans.
• Support the recruitment process and provide advice and guidance to line management and attending interviews on a regular base.
• Ad hoc projects to support the wider HR team.
• Deliver on-site training programmes to meet identified training needs.
• Ensure company standards and policies are implemented on a consistent basis.
• Provide support to the HR Business Partner/HR Director.
Who we’re looking for:
Experienced in a similar role, you should be confident that you can demonstrate the following:
• Experience in a manufacturing environment would be an advantage.
• CIPD qualified or with suitable alternative proven practical HR experience.
• Full working knowledge of UK employment law and employee relations best practice
• Expertise in recruitment techniques and strategies.
• Expertise in running training and development program’s
• Ability to deal with management to convince and influence effectively
• Ability to coach and develop individuals.
• Proactivity, confidence, personal impact and enthusiasm
• Excellent communication skills.
• Exceptional organisational skills with attention to detail.
• Team spirit, commitment and strong work ethic.
• Good IT skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Confidentiality and integrity.
Are you the HR professional we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV with a covering letter through this link (or through the ‘apply’ button) before the 10th May 2019.