Northern Region, full time, permanent.
Due to the retirement of a longstanding colleague, we are looking for an established Sales Manager to join our team. This person will cover the Northern Region so would ideally be located anywhere North of Kendal or ideally within the Penrith area. This is not a deal breaker as long as you are within a commutable proximity to these locations.
About the role
Working closely with the create Business Unit Director you will develop a compelling strategy and tactical plan to ensure your team achieve the budgeted sales revenues. This opportunity will involve communicating across our ForFarmers functions to increase the service delivered to our customers, driving down costs to serve, maximising excellent service delivery as well as pushing for maximum shareholder return. As you would expect, It is essential that you are able to effectively manage, coach and develop your team’s performance and create the conditions for the team to achieve the best results. Also, as part of this role you will be required to attend the monthly Leadership Team meeting for the Business Unit and will contribute across all areas in the Business Unit as well as championing your area and driving further understanding across your peer group.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• To deliver budget. Volume and Sales Margins.
• To drive business growth with the team by managing the prospect pipeline and prospecting activities whilst minimising customer churn
• Manage the pricing of the team and sales forecasts
• To manage, coach and motivate the sales team
• To ensure the annual HR Cycle (target setting-, mid-year review) is carried out in a timely manner
• To ensure all the team are accurately using our CRM system
• Embrace change and encourage a culture of continuous improvement within your team
• To work closely with the Marketing Manager to develop a programme that achieves the desired results and run marketing campaigns locally
• Completion of accurate and timely reporting
• To be a valued contributor to the Leadership Team
• Initiate, promote, encourage and facilitate collaboration and consultation within the team
• Directing, coaching and motivation of the team within the agreed market segment and across the Group
• Ensure the team has an adequate level of knowledge to deliver the set objectives
• To ensure that you and your team work to a safety first culture and to provide a safe working environment for all your employees, protecting all visitors to the premises and meet all legal requirements.
To be sucessful for this role your CV will show:
• A proactive, energetic forward thinking mind-set where opportunities are created and embraced in a professional and strategic way.
• Leadership/Management experience
• A management style that will challenge and coach your team to be the best that they can be.
• Professional Higher or further qualification, preferably in agricultural and/or technical discipline.
• Experience in sales (ideally within an agricultural environment) or agricultural supply industry in a sales management or field sales management role would be an advantage.
• You are able to quickly develop a relevant network
• Knowledge of sales processes
• You have a strong personal presence and are a good communicator
• Strong IT-skills
Are you the Sales Manager we are looking for?
If so, please apply through this link (or through the ‘apply’ button). If you have any questions, please reach out to our UK Recruitment Business Partner, Jordan Carter via email at Jordan.Carter@forfarmers.eu
Agencies - No speculative agencies please, we operate a PSL and will reach out to our network should we need any support.