Regional HR Advisor– North
Homebased/Remote – Northern Region
Please note although remote, this is a regional role covering the northern region with the expectation to travel to sites as required.
These include: Shepshed, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Denbigh, Selby, Preston and Penrith.
The successful candidate would be ideally placed in centrally to these locations for ease of travel.
What is the role of a Regional HR Advisor at ForFarmers?
The Regional HR Advisor supports and implements HR processes working in partnership with the business to achieve its objectives. This role will work closely with stakeholders within the Supply Chain, Transport and Logistics business areas supporting on the likes of HR Strategy, performance management, talent management, workforce planning, succession planning etc.
Working in collaboration with the wider HR Team you will also be fundamental in leading the delivery of regional/national projects focusing on standardization of contracts, policies and processes.
Key responsibilities and duties of the role include:
- Act as the project rolling out the HR standardization project to sites within the region focusing on the alignment of contracts, terms, policies and processes.
- Work closely with the wider HR team to implement and monitor HR solutions and agreed strategies.
- Consults and act as the a specialist advisor to business leaders to diagnose current and future HR needs.
- Support in the building of engagement at site level through championing the employee voice aiding in the retention of talent along with attracting new employees.
- Directly supports the business/function leader(s) with advice and coaching, being seen as a “trusted advisor” specifically being able to objectively assess, influence and push back when necessary.
- Be able to deliver dashboards and presenting of metrics to the conversation and applying data shaping recommendations.
- Able to run and analyse reports and build out a strategy.
- Partners with leaders on employee relation issues, including recommendations for investigations, progressive discipline, performance improvement plans and terminations.
- Regular, in-person attendance and participation in designated department meetings such as regional meetings at specific sites.
- Ensures compliance on Company policies operating within the UK’s legal framework.
- Provide coaching and development to department leaders.
- Drive culture to integrate Company values in all aspects of the business.
- Participates as a strategic member of the regional operations team, ensures consistent application of the human resources plan with the operational business plan.
- Act as the point of contact for employee relations complaints thus leading to the necessary investigations and subsequent recommendations to resolve the issues based on the investigation findings.
- Advising of managers regarding disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Maintains broad generalist human resources knowledge, such as employment law and regulations and ensures consistency when applying them to company issues.
- Regularly visits all sites in designated region
- Completes other duties, including special projects, as assigned by Management.
The successful candidate will have/be:
- CIPD Qualification – Ideally level 5 or level 7 (or equivalent University degree with working experience).
- Experience in a similar HR Advisor role, ideally regionally.
- Ability to build good working relationships at pace
- A confidential approach to sensitive situations
- Strong project management
- High levels of integrity
- Experience with HRIS systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Computer literateracy
- Full Driving Licence
- Ability to travel to sites within the designated region as required
Are you the Regional HR Advior we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV with a covering letter through this link (or through the ‘apply’ button) or alternatively, reach out to our UK Recruitment Business Partner, Jordan Carter (Jordan.Carter@ForFarmers.eu)
What are the benefits of working for ForFarmers UK?
- Employee Assistance Programme (offering support on a range of topics).
- No two days are the same offering variety in your role.
- Options to enhance your pension after 12 months service (increased employer contributions).
- Opportunities to grow personally and develop within the business
- Cycle to work scheme.
- B&Q Trade card offering 10% discounts in-store and online.
- And much more!
Want to know a little more about ForFarmers?
Do you ever stop to wonder where your Sunday morning poached egg came from? Or the milk in your cafè latte? Or what about the sausage and bacon served with full English? It will come as no surprise to you that the animals which produce these products need to eat themselves too. And that’s where ForFarmers comes into the equation.
ForFarmers produces feed for cattle, pigs and poultry in both conventional and organic livestock farming. And that probably sounds a great deal simpler than it actually is. Make no mistake: an awful lot of knowledge, research and innovation has gone into one of those seemingly simple-looking chunks of animal feed. And these are the kind of things we, as a company, invest a great deal in.