Project Manager - Logistics
What is the role of Project Manager?
This Project Manager role reports directly to our PMO Manager. The role itself provides professional project management, control, consistency and guidance to all relevant assigned projects in support of the UK Supply Chain Change Agenda. Although the role holder will require a Logistics bias, they may also from time to time be involved in other Supply Chain focussed projects across all disciplines.
The successful candidate will be work to agreed project governance standard to deliver the project portfolio.
Please note, this is a national role with frequent UK wide travel to build and develop relationships, ways of working and support the delivery of change.
Key responsibilities and duties of the role include:
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop & maintain project plan consistent with capacity and capability in line with the organisation’s goals and objectives.
- Ensure project plan is sufficient to deliver agreed mandate, in line with ForFarmers governance standards.
- Ensure continued adherence to governance standards within Project Plan in line with PMO.
- Monitor and report on project progress in line with project plan, manage and communicate deviation to at critical stage control points ensuring ongoing stakeholder engagement.
- Effectively resource Projects. Ensure appropriate project team and steering team structures for timely decisions.
- Support PMO through planning, solution design, migration, testing and implementation. Ensure appropriate solution diligence, functional engagement and dependency management.
- Ensure project plans have the appropriate period of aftercare, official handover to users and the necessary project closure.
- Report status, risks, mitigations and benefits across the assigned Projects. Seek timely decisions, Engage relevant senior stakeholders at key Gateways and ensure learning from experience is captured for all projects.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Deputise for the PMO Manager
The successful candidate will have:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) ideally with PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner.
- Proven work experience in project management preferably within a supply chain environment.
- Profficency in the use of MS Office including; Project, Visio, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Solid organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinker and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and bernal commuinication skills
- The drive to champion change
Are you the Project Manager we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV with a covering letter through this link (or through the ‘apply’ button) or alternatively, reach out to our UK Recruitment Business Partner, Jordan Carter (Jordan.Carter@ForFarmers.eu)
What are the benefits of working for ForFarmers UK?
- Employee Assistance Programme (offering support on a range of topics).
- No two days are the same offering variety in your role.
- Opportunities to visit different sites, customers and suppliers.
- Options to enhance your pension after 12 months service (increased employer contributions).
- Opportunities to grow personally and develop within the business
- Cycle to work scheme.
- B&Q Trade card offering 10% discounts in-store and online.
- And much more!
Want to know a little more about ForFarmers?
Do you ever stop to wonder where your Sunday morning poached egg came from? Or the milk in your cafè latte? Or what about the sausage and bacon served with full English? It will come as no surprise to you that the animals which produce these products need to eat themselves too. And that’s where ForFarmers comes into the equation.
ForFarmers produces feed for cattle, pigs and poultry in both conventional and organic livestock farming. And that probably sounds a great deal simpler than it actually is. Make no mistake: an awful lot of knowledge, research and innovation has gone into one of those seemingly simple-looking chunks of animal feed. And these are the kind of things we, as a company, invest a great deal in.