The PM is responsible and accountable for the delivery of the Capex projects in there designated allocated area of the UK sites which means achieving the planned result and quality within agreed time, agreed budget and with maximum attention and focus on safety. Furthermore the PM leads and advises on optimizing Operations and initiates and prepares Capex requests.
This is a key role and is one of 3 in the UK E&P team that delivers around £7M of capital expenditure in the UK Mills and Blends site per annum. This position covers the Southern area of FF UK and looks after 6 sites.
Consultancy / Design / Engineering / Procurement
- Actively search (e.g. during presence at plant management meetings) for opportunities to optimize the production processes.
- Technical advisor to the operations team in terms of equipment and process layout. This would include product quality, energy usage, cycle time and overall lowest cost manufacture.
- Work with the local and safety teams to identify and implement best safety working proactive in existing and new equipment/site installations.
- Discuss and list the requirements and needs together with plant managers, engineering department managers and product teams.
- Evaluate / measure the local situation and suggest solutions and make global designs
- Prepare cost estimates for the various disciplines (civil, mechanical, process, electrical, control) and prepare Capex request forms.
- Prepare detailed specifications
- Prepare requests for quotations and quotation evaluations
- Project procurement within mandate
- Prepare project plan
- In consultation with director E&P and country Operations Director, form a project team
- Motivate, coach and monitor the development and progress of the project team members
- Secure effective and efficient distribution of tasks and responsibilities within the project team and set priorities
- Strong contractor management on safety, quality, time schedule and costs.
- Schedule and chair project team meeting with contractors, external consultants, and internal project team members. Including making complete and clear Minutes of Meetings
- Join and actively contribute to Project Steerco meetings.
- Monitor and manage time schedule, budgets and costs and act in case of deviations
- Periodically progress reporting
- Evaluation of projects
Technical knowhow and innovation:
- Contact person for suppliers/vendors, colleagues and external parties for Capex projects and developments on production and logistics facilities within ForFarmers
- Prepare, maintain and secure knowledge of feed industry process installations, dosing and weighing equipment as well as transport and storage systems.
- Keep abreast of prices and rates for machines, equipment and installation and construction works.
- Directing and coaching of E&P colleagues within regional E&P team UK
- HR Development Cycle for team members
- Selecting and recruiting new team members
- Functional leadership towards maintenance colleagues and site managers.
Education & Experience
Minimum 5 years experience in a similar manufacturing environment
7 years experience in a Project Engineering role
Minimum HNC Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
Ideally apprentice trained and time served