What is the role of a Production Operator at ForFarmers?
The role of a production operator works alongside the blend plant supervisor to manufacture blends. Part of the role requires IT capability in order to plan and dispatch blends and reciept raw materials.
Elements of this role require some technical specialties such as the use of a Telescopic Handler & Fork Lift Truck.
Key responsibilities and duties of the role include:
- Ensuring feed is manufactured to agreed company quality standards and in compliance with all requirements and sampling requirements are met at all times.
- Promoting a safety first culture ensuring regular safety inspections are carried out and actions are raised
- Work in conjunction with the management team to ensure all site activities operate within HSEQ/HACCP requirements.
- Optomise throughputs, which should then allow for planned shutdowns to ensure customer requirements are met on time.
- Investigating, Reporting and Implement corrective actions for any production related customer complaints.
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Telescopic handler experience
- FLT license
- A positive can do attitude
- Self Motivated
- Good communicator
- Proactively/forward thinker
- Ability to communicate at different levels
- Health and Safety focussed
Are you the Production Operator we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV through this link (or through the ‘apply’ button) or reach out to UK Recruitment Business Partner, Jordan Carter.
What are the benefits of working for ForFarmers UK?
- Employee Assistance Programme (offering support on a range of topics).
- Options to enhance your pension after 12 months service (increased employer contributions).
- Opportunities to grow personally and develop within the business
- Cycle to work scheme.
- B&Q Trade card offering 10% discounts in-store and online.
- And much more!
Want to know a little more about ForFarmers?
Do you ever stop to wonder where your Sunday morning poached egg came from? Or the milk in your cafè latte? Or what about the sausage and bacon served with full English? It will come as no surprise to you that the animals which produce these products need to eat themselves too. And that’s where ForFarmers comes into the equation.
ForFarmers produces feed for cattle, pigs and poultry in both conventional and organic livestock farming. And that probably sounds a great deal simpler than it actually is. Make no mistake: an awful lot of knowledge, research and innovation has gone into one of those seemingly simple-looking chunks of animal feed. And these are the kind of things we, as a company, invest a great deal in.