Annualised hours (Average 40 hours per week)
Monday – Friday
What is the role of Process Operator at ForFarmers?
We are currently recruiting a Process Operator role within our feed mill, at our Carmarthen site.
You will be working as part of the Production team working 3 shifts , days nights and afternoons. It is essential our successful candidate can work well within a team environment and have the ability to self-motivate.
The ideal candidate will be able to communicate well and provide a service to both internal and external customers to ensure orders are met and all regulations and written instructions are adhered to. You will have awareness of the Health, Safety and Environmental responsibilities, ensuring compliance with all procedures and systems of work.
Key responsibilities and duties of the role include:
- Using the computerised system, manufacture feeds safely, to company standards achieving target throughputs and efficiency.
- Take samples of feed, checking for physical quality and recording accurately.
- Carry out routine plant cleaning and adjustments.
- Replacement of consumable parts.
- Assist in stock takes with accurate recording.
- Able to cover staff sickness and other extra hours.
- Other duties as given by shift supervisor.
- Assist the engineering team as necessary.
- Using a fork lift truck load & remove 1T totes into and out of tote tipping units, according to drivers loading sheet. Take samples and complete documentation associated with this duty.
- Load and unload bag vehicles using a fork lift truck, according to load lists and other information provided by weighbridge staff or as directed by Line Management.
- Operate fork lift trucks safely and ensure that preshift checks are completed, and defects reported. Always drive with due care for pedestrians that may be in the warehouse and yard areas.
- Load bulk lorries using the computerised system. Quality checking and keeping records as necessary.
- Complete regular housekeeping activities in your work area and other areas as deemed necessary.
- Work so as to protect yourself and other employees.
- Assist with checking and updating Risk Assessments and Work Instructions..
- Be proactive in raising concerns.
The successful candidate will have:
- Computer literate
- FLT Counterbalance licence desirable.
- An awareness of the importance of our responsibilities to working within current legislation.
- Ability to abide by health and safety procedures.
- Able to work shift patterns. The ideal candidate will be flexible with working hours to support the operation.
- Great attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
Are you the Process Operator we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV with a covering letter through this link (or through the ‘apply’ button) or alternatively, reach out to our UK Recruitment Business Partner, Jordan Carter (Jordan.Carter@ForFarmers.eu)
What are the benefits of working for ForFarmers UK?
- Employee Assistance Programme (offering support on a range of topics).
- Private Medical Insurance
- Options to enhance your pension after 12 months service (increased employer contributions).
- Opportunities to grow personally and develop within the business
- Cycle to work scheme.
- B&Q Trade card offering 10% discounts in-store and online.
- And much more!
Want to know a little more about ForFarmers?
Do you ever stop to wonder where your Sunday morning poached egg came from? Or the milk in your café latte? Or what about the sausage and bacon served with full English? It will come as no surprise to you that the animals which produce these products need to eat themselves too. And that’s where ForFarmers comes into the equation.
ForFarmers produces feed for cattle, pigs and poultry in both conventional and organic livestock farming. And that probably sounds a great deal simpler than it actually is. Make no mistake: an awful lot of knowledge, research and innovation has gone into one of those seemingly simple-looking chunks of animal feed. And these are the kind of things we, as a company, invest a great deal in.