Process Operator, For Farmers - Burston
Full time, 36 hours per week
3 from 6 shift pattern
Up to £22,000 PA
We are currently recruiting a Process Operator role within our feed mill, at our Burston site.
You will be working as part of the warehouse team, so it is essential our successful candidate can work well within a team environment and have the ability to self-motivate.
The ideal candidate will be able to communicate well and provide a service to both internal and external customers to ensure orders are met and all regulations and written instructions are adhered to. You will have awareness of the Health, Safety and Environmental responsibilities, ensuring compliance with all procedures and systems of work.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Operate raw material intake system, carrying out quality checks on RM’s prior to tipping. Supervise powder and liquid discharge whilst following guidance from Environmental work instructions, ensure discharge areas are left tidy and any padlocks replaced prior to allowing the vehicle to leave.
- All liquid tanks must be dipped or contents gauge checked to ensure tank will take amount being delivered. Respond immediately if high level warning sounds whilst liquid tanks are being filled, to ensure tanks are not overfilled.
- Dip Raw material bins as required to assist RM planner with procurement of Raw materials. Other stocks to be checked as required. Ensure lowest bins are used first.
- Tip Remix as required.
- Using a fork lift truck load & remove 1T totes into and out of tote emptying units, according to drivers loading sheet. Take samples and complete documentation associated with this duty.
- Load and unload bag vehicles using a fork lift truck, according to delivery notes and other information provided by weighbridge staff or as directed by Line Management.
- Operate fork lift trucks safely and ensure they are checked before you shift using associated check sheets and defects reported. Always drive with due care for pedestrians that may be in the warehouse and yard areas.
- Pre Weigh materials required for manufacturing by manual handling a range of bags in the warehouse. Ensure materials are always labelled and clipped shut. Always check product code & description.
- Cover Control Room as required.
- Achieve a high standard of housekeeping through regular stock rotation, cleaning and an organised approach to daily tasks.
Qualifications and Job requirements
- FLT Counterbalance licence desirable.
- Previous Warehouse experience.
- An awareness of the importance of our responsibilities to working within current legislation.
- Ability to abide by health and safety procedures.
- Able to work shift patterns (06.00 – 18.00). The ideal candidate will be flexible with working hours to support the operation.
- Great attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- 18 days annual leave (based on current shift pattern).
- Company contribution pension scheme.
- Free Parking on site.
- Good work atmosphere and plenty of freedom.
- Development opportunity.
- A result-orientated organisation with a pleasant and informal work atmosphere.
- A company that gives you scope for individual initiative and responsibility as a result of which you can partially create your position and your future.
Are you the Candidate we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV with a covering letter through this link (https://www.workingatforfarmers.co.uk/) or through the ‘apply’ button.
Did you know
Working with For Farmers means working with an internationally growing and highly dynamic company.
• For Farmers has a turnover of 2.1 billion euros and produces 9.3 million tonnes of animal feed per year?
• For Farmers employs approximately 2,270 people and has sites in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium and the UK?
• For Farmers invests significantly in sustainability, animal welfare and safety?
• For Farmers has the ambition to become the best supplier of feed for domestic animals in Europe and is well on its way? And that you can play a role in this?