Night Loader/Process Operative, For Farmers - Carmarthen
Full time, 40 hours per week
12:00 – 20:00 / 22:00 – 06:00 2 week rotating shift pattern
Night Shift Allowance equivalent to £4,630.68 per annum
Basic Salary Up to £18,850.30
We are currently recruiting a Night Loader/Process Operative role within our feed mill, at our Carmarthen site.
You will be working as part of the warehouse team, so it is essential our successful candidate can work well within a team environment and have the ability to self-motivate.
The ideal candidate will be able to communicate well and provide a service to both internal and external customers to ensure orders are met and all regulations and written instructions are adhered to. You will have awareness of the Health, Safety and Environmental responsibilities, ensuring compliance with all procedures and systems of work. The candidate will be required to carry out shunting of 8 wheeler and articulated vehicles on night duties, so experience with HGVs is desirable.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Operate raw material intake system, carrying out quality checks on RM’s prior to tipping. Issue Keys for powder and liquid discharge whilst following guidance from Environmental work instructions, ensure discharge areas are left tidy and padlocks replaced prior to allowing vehicle to weigh out.
- All liquid tanks must be dipped or contents gauge checked to ensure tank will take amount being delivered. Respond immediately if high level warning sounds whilst liquid tanks are being filled, to ensure tanks are not overfilled.
- Dip Raw material bins as required to assist RM planner with procurement of Raw materials. Other stocks to be checked as required.
Bulk & Bag Loading
- Using a fork lift truck load & remove 1T totes into and out of tote tipping units, according to drivers loading sheet. Take samples and complete documentation associated with this duty.
- Load and unload bag vehicles using a fork lift truck, according to load lists and other information provided by weighbridge staff or as directed by Line Management.
- Operate fork lift trucks safely and ensure they are checked before your shift using Scafftag system and defects reported. Always drive with due care for pedestrians that may be in the warehouse and yard areas.
- Where possible pre-pick the products required for each load by manual handling of 25Kg and 20Kg bags in the warehouse. Mark customers name and vehicle carrying out the delivery on each customers products. Always check product code & description
- Achieve a high standard of housekeeping through regular stock rotation, cleaning and an organised approach to daily tasks.
Qualifications and Job requirements
- FLT Counterbalance licence desirable.
- Previous Warehouse experience.
- An awareness of the importance of our responsibilities to working within current legislation.
- Ability to abide by health and safety procedures.
- Able to work shift patterns (06:00-14:00, 08:00-16:00 and 12:00-20:00). The ideal candidate will be flexible with working hours to support the operation.
- Great attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Experience with shunting/HGV vehicles is desirable.
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays.
- Company contribution pension scheme.
- Free Parking on site.
- Good work atmosphere and plenty of freedom.
- Development opportunity.
- A result-orientated organisation with a pleasant and informal work atmosphere.
- A company that gives you scope for individual initiative and responsibility as a result of which you can partially create your position and your future.
Are you the Candidate we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV with a covering letter through this link (https://www.workingatforfarmers.co.uk/) or through the ‘apply’ button. Closing dates for applicants is 20 November 2020.