We are looking for a mill cleaner to join our friendly team at Exeter, you will be responsible for cleaning areas of the mill to meet strict routines in feed safety standards.
What is the role of a Mill Cleaner at ForFarmers?
As a Mill Cleaner, you will be responsible for cleaning areas of the feed mill to meet strict feed safety standards. The role itself requires a good level of attention to detail and good communication skills while working safely and recording your work. Whilst Mill Cleaning is the core role, from time to time we may also require other skills such as degreasing equipment and painting. We are committed to continuously improving standards so full training will be provided. Once you are up to speed, as required, you will be trained to provide absence cover for milling production.
Key responsibilities and duties of the role include:
- Administering and maintaining a robust and cosistent cleaning schedule ensure strict feed safety standards are adhered to.
- Act as a strong team playing offering work flexibility to meet the day to day demands of the milling operations.
- Ensure the mill is maintained at a clean and tidy level adopting food 5S working practices.
- Ensure all work is carried out and adheres to all Health and Safety requirements and as such, records are kept up to date and maintained.
- Work as part of a multifunctional team to provide effective communication and teamwork on site.
- Highlight to mangement areas within the site that require maintenance, repair or special attention.
- Provide absence cover for milling production as required.
The successful candidate will have/be:
- An awareness of the importance of our responsibilities to working within current legislation. (Including Health, Safety and Environmental - ISO14001 as well as Energy - ISO50001)
- Basic IT skills
- A forklift license would be beneficial but is not essential.
- Experience of working in a heavy plant/production environment would be beneficial but is not strictly essential.
- Ability to abide by health and safety procedures.
- Great attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
What are the benefits of working for ForFarmers UK?
- Employee Assistance Programme (offering support on a range of topics).
- Private Medical Insurance
- Options to enhance your pension after 12 months service (increased employer contributions).
- Opportunities to grow personally and develop within the business
- Cycle to work scheme.
- B&Q Trade card offering 10% discounts in-store and online.
- And much more!
Want to know a little more about ForFarmers?
Do you ever stop to wonder where your Sunday morning poached egg came from? Or the milk in your café latte? Or what about the sausage and bacon served with full English? It will come as no surprise to you that the animals which produce these products need to eat themselves too. And that’s where ForFarmers comes into the equation.
ForFarmers produces feed for cattle, pigs and poultry in both conventional and organic livestock farming. And that probably sounds a great deal simpler than it actually is. Make no mistake: an awful lot of knowledge, research and innovation has gone into one of those seemingly simple-looking chunks of animal feed. And these are the kind of things we, as a company, invest a great deal in.