ForFarmers is the European Market leader for animal feed operating in 5 different countries. We aim to deliver value adding feed solutions to farmers. Based on an own and unique nutritional philosophy we offer a strong portfolio of high performing feed products that is sold through a highly skilled technical sales force. Next to compound feed we offer the full range of feed products (blends, milk replacers, moist feed, straight, minerals, seeds, additives, fertilizer) in order to be able to deliver total feed solutions that will help the farmer in achieving better returns.
Marketing Manager, Ruminants UK
Location UK, full time
What will you do?
The marketing team Ruminants UK is responsible for translating the global specie strategy into a local activation plan and to manage the different elements of the marketing mix (portfolio, pricing, campaigns, segment strategy, communication). The marketing team provides the ammunition for both the field sales force as well as the trading teams for the selling of our offering into the market. The marketing teams works closely together with the technical team, the sales teams, the trading team, our formulation department and the innovation center.
The Marketing Manager leads the marketing team (product managers & communication) and is overall responsible for the delivery of our market proposition and our positioning within the UK Ruminants market. The Marketing Manager reports into the Business Unit Director Ruminants and is part of the Business Unit leadership team.
What is your role?
- Defining marketing approach for Ruminants on strategic / tactical level
- Steering of the marketing mix Portfolio mgmt., margin mgmt., campaign calendar, innovation pipeline
- Lead generation for sales force
- Forfarmers communication strategy and overall positioning in the market
- Build and maintain the internal and external network to create the needed impact and access to the needed commercial input
- Defining profitability targets on product and services level
- Defining pricing strategy per product (draft value, distance to competitor and cost information)
- Managing the assortment in relation to specie strategy, hence market demand and operational excellence (e.g. # sku’s); forecasting of sales volumes
- Monitoring and steering the value of the FF concepts in perspective of our customers.
- Participate in or supervise a functional project team within a sector
- Preparation and monitoring of implementation plans required for the timely realization and commercialization of products and services
- Ensures a successful introduction of products and services in the market
- Reporting on objectives and progress to management and other stakeholders
- Deliver insights into market development and trends
- Generate management information on customer retention, recruitment and profitability on product and service level
- Supporting commercial actions and inform team on progress and success
- Analyse and translate management information on product and services level to immediate colleagues and team members.
Develop the team & Personnel management:.
- Initiate, promote, encourage and facilitate collaboration and consultation within the team were possible
- Directing, coaching and motivation of the team
- Ensure the team has an adequate level of knowledge to deliver the set objectives
- Identify development opportunities of staff and initiating actions to shape these developments
- Carry out the annual HR Cycle (target setting-, mid-year review and appraisals)
- Conducting recruitment interviews
- Execution of internal procedures in case of illness or absence of team members
- Taking care of appropriate use of CRM by all team members
Health and Safety
- To ensure that you work to a safety first culture and to provide a safe working environment for all your employees, protecting all visitors to the premises and meet all legal requirements.
- Responsible for, in conjunction with the Management Team, to work towards these objectives by planning, training, supervising, consulting, investigating and preventing.
Your CV shows:
- Professional degree or University; preferably in agricultural and/or technical education (Ruminants)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in agricultural supply industry in a marketing management or sales management role
- Proven track record in turning a commercial strategy into action & results
- Knowledge of the marketing process, communication strategies and campaign management
- Able to build up relevant network
- Structured way of working
- Project management skills
- Strong personal presence and good communicator
- Strong IT skills
Are you the Marketing Manager we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV with a covering letter through this link (or through the ‘apply’ button) before the 11th December 2020. Do you have any questions? Don’t hesitate to ask. Get in touch with Claire Linnett, HR Business Partner via Claire.Linnett@forfarmers.eu (We do not require Recruitment Agency assistance).
Did you know that…?
ForFarmers has a turnover of 2.1 billion euros and produces 9.3 million tonnes of animal feed per year?
ForFarmers employs approximately 2,270 people and has sites in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium and the UK?
ForFarmers invests significantly in sustainability, animal welfare and safety?
ForFarmers has the ambition to become the best supplier of feed for domestic animals in Europe and is well on its way? And that you can play a role in this?
We offer: excellent employment conditions, a good work atmosphere and plenty of freedom
Working with ForFarmers means working with: an internationally growing and highly dynamic company, a result-orientated organisation with a pleasant and informal work atmosphere, a company that gives you scope for individual initiative and responsibility as a result of which you can partially create your position and your future. Naturally, ForFarmers offers a good salary which suits your role, as well as excellent fringe benefits.
In the event of equivalent suitability internal candidates will be given preference.