Local Support Engineer
Purpose of the function
The delivery of Local Support services on all hardware and software applications provided to the users within ForFarmers.
Position within the company
The support engineer is part of the Local support team. The 1st line IT- support of the users is provided by a centralized skilled Service Desk. The Support Engineer resides and reports to the Service Delivery Manager; in his absence to the Manager Infrastructure.
Knowledge and skills
- Educational degree MBO – Level 4
- At least 2 years of proven experience as a service desk engineer.
- Knowledge of IT management processes (ITIL v3).
- Knowledge of automation tools / services.
- Knowledge of the management of information systems and technical infrastructure and the use of office automation products.
- Excellent written and spoken in the Dutch and English language. Preferable in German too.
- Proactive and flexible attitude.
1. Supporting users
- Providing support to all staff within For Farmers in their daily IT Issues and needs.
- Providing instruction / information to users
- Customer focus. Looks actively for the needs and wishes of (internal) customers and explicitly or not yet clearly defined wishes / needs.
- Collaborate. Initially initiates collaboration with others, asks them for input, shares knowledge, information and ideas on their own initiative and actively informs where he / she can be of use.
- Result orientation. Takes decisions and sets priorities within the perspective of meeting the results, agreements. Escalates when quality standard compromised.
2. Incident Management
- Responsible for the operational tasks within of ITIL incident management
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Forwarding questions to the 2nd line
- Monitor the recovery of issues within the agreed service level,
- Working closely with 2nd line support at For Farmers and their suppliers to resolve user problems and questions.
- In case of production disruptions, communicate with internal and external For Farmers customers and where necessary with suppliers
3. Change Management
- Performing standard IT changes (tested and documented) for the daily support of users.
- Set up new hardware and software for ForFarmers to achieve standard use within For Farmers
4. Configuration Management
- Operational responsibilities in Purchasing process.
- Stock control.
- Operational responsible to keep the Configuration Database up to date.