12 Month Fixed Term Contract (Maternity Cover)
Salary - £26,500
Fancy joining our awesome HR team? We have an opportunity for an experienced HR Assistant to join our UK HR Team. We are a close knit team that supports one another and fosters collaboration to help each other grow and develop. We have tons of projects and work streams to get your teeth into allowing for great exposure to the business - So what's not to love?
What will you do?
The HR Assistant will work within the HR Admin and Payroll team and support the wider HR team to provide dedicated first line HR administration support to the business, ensuring a service approach is at the core of what we do as a team.
The Assistant will specifically be responsible for some key aspects of the HR Agenda, such as Pension, Medical cover, Life assurance, Payroll cover for Payroll Administrator, and other business wide items. Some employment law knowledge will be required as this role will review and develop UK wide policies.
You will hold overall responsibility for all administration involved in the employee life cycle, to ensure appropriate records, correspondence, and other documentation is created and stored in accordance with legal requirements and best practice.
The role will be the project lead when liaising with external providers, by taking a lead role in the annual contract negotiations with Pension and Insurance providers relating to medical and life assurance cover.
Working closely with the HR Business Partners, you will champion, develop and deliver a refreshed programme to effectively implement Workday in the UK, ensuring the successful roll out of training and developing of all employees within the business, including new starters. The role will liaise with the FF NL Shared service team, on all aspects of Workday reporting and up keep.
You will develop the HR key performance indicators and providing appropriate data for other business teams on analysis.
You will be the HR GDPR champion ensuring we are compliant as a team, and a business in relation to employee data.
Communicate confidently with all employees within ForFarmers on topics such as benefits, HR administration, payroll queries and any other relevant HR processes and procedures.
Tasks and responsibilities:
The HR Assistant will perform a variety of activities including but not limited to:
- Setting up and maintain SLA’s between the HR team and the wider business
- Complete HR system reporting and data analysis
- Respond to questions from employees and managers on HR policies, process and systems, in a manner which promotes a positive experience for the internal customer, and escalating issues when necessary
- Contract creation
- Right to work checks and tracking
- Support HR Projects and initiatives including Performance Management, Recruitment, Benefits, Compensation, HR system changes, etc.
- Lead and Administer the Annual Merit process in conjunction with the HR Business Partners and the wider business.
- Lead and administer the Company Car process
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and attention to detail.
- Regular and ad-hoc people/talent reporting
- Retention and representation data
- Probationary employee tracking
- Leave status updates
- Support Site Staffing Activities
- Support HR Business Partners on any employee relations casework and Projects
- Internal postings for salaried employees
- Serve as expert on all pay and benefits, policies and systems
- Administration and assistance in employee programs including employee events, health and wellness events, service awards program, etc.
- Consistently role model the company values and behaviours and encourage others to do the same
- Responsible for employee communication through email, bulletin boards etc
- Organise and coordinate employee functions/activities, including training and catering
- Assist in payroll for employees
- Must be familiar with all functions performed by Human Resources Admin and payroll employees and be able to perform these functions in their absence
Any Other Duties As Required
Your CV shows:
- Degree educated or equivalent CIPD qualified with relevant CPD.
- Somebody who can 'hit the ground running' and pick up new things at pace
- Experience working within a busy HR team
- Can do, proactive mind-set
- Proven track record of providing administrative support
- Some generalist HR exposure is essential
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Proficient in note-taking
- Confident and comfortable delivering systems training
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- Capable of working flexibly and collaboratively with minimal oversight with colleagues at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to use initiative, problem solve and handle ambiguous situations
- Strong interpersonal skills, self motivated, with a “can do” solutions focus approach
- Ability to learn a new HRIS system
- Previous experience with HRIS systems (Workday) desirable
- Highly collaborative, with a strong desire to support, enable, and coach others
- Strong attention to detail, with excellent analytical skills and therefore Microsoft Office skills inc. Word/Powerpoint and Excel need to be at an advanced level.
- Strong sense of urgency, with demonstrated ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritise multiple activities
- High integrity with proven ability to handle extremely sensitive and confidential information
- Demonstrated track record of being a self-starter, with the initiative and perseverance to deliver results
Are you the HR Assistant we are looking for to join our dedicated team?
If so, please send your CV with a covering letter through this link (or through the ‘apply’ button) or reach out to our UK Recruitment Business Partner, Jordan Carter.
No speculative agencies thankyou.