44 Hours per week
RETNTION BONUS – In light of the ongoing demand for HGV Drivers, we have introduced an additional earnings retention bonus. (eligibility t&c’s apply)
What is the role of a HGV Driver at ForFarmers?
As a driver you will be responsible for delivering one of our many feed products to a variety of customer’s types. Our drivers load & deliver to farm premises across the country ensuring that almost all species of animal whether it be Pigs, Cows or Sheep receive their food on time.
The day to day role of a driver at ForFarmers differs slightly to other driving roles in the market and as such, they can be faced with challenges you might not encounter when delivering to the likes of a supermarket or other business. Unlike general haulage, our drivers are the face of our business when delivering to farmers and customer, delivering not only the product we make and sell, but also a level of customer service when having face to face conversations with customers. Some of the delivery locations can be challenging as you would expect on operational farms, with tight areas to maneuver or even having to get your hands dirty during the wetter months. However, we find many of our drivers thrive on this challenge and enjoy the variety from day to day.
Key responsibilities and duties of the role include:
- Ensuring that all legal requirements are met fully.
- Consideration for other road users and members of the public.
- Clear, accurate completion of tachograph records manual entries and defect reports.
- Vehicles to be operated within relevant speed and weight limits at all times.
- Accurate, safe working on customers farms.
- Care to be taken at all times to achieve correct bins for feed and UFAS compliance.
- Safety of farm employees, pedestrians and stock are paramount.
- Damage to buildings or other property to be avoided.
- All delivery records, cleaning records, defect reports Etc, to be completed accurately, in full and on time.
Health & Safety:
- Comply fully with company, regulatory & customer health and safety policies.
- Fully adhere to rules set out in the site IPPC.
- Comply with company environment policy
- Assist the transport manager to improve the site EMS.
The successful candidate will have:
- HGV Class C+E licence.
- Ownership of a digital Tachograph Card
- Driver certificate of Professional Competency
- Experience driving of HGV’s (ideally, however newly qualified are encouraged to apply!)
- Competent communication both written and verbally (English)
- Excellent communication skills
- Compliance with legislation
What equipment and trucks do we use?
- FF currently run a fleet of 155 trucks (Artic 6*2 and 4*2, Rigid – Triden 8*4 and 6*2, Drawbar) and 125 trailers & tankers (Curtain Side, Bulk Tipper inclusive of blowing equipment and Bulk Tankers inclusive of blowing equipment) across our 10 sites.
- Our trucks are specified to meet the needs of both the business but also our highly skilled drivers. To do so, we ensure we only use quality suppliers as such as MB Actros, Arocs, Volvo, FM, RT.
- Our fleet of trucks are both a mixture of artic & rigid for carrying bulk & bag products to our customers
- We are committed to working towards a maximum life of 5 years for all trucks to ensure reliability, driver comfort & safety which is enhance by the provision of microwaves, fridges and inverters, allowing the ability to overnight in comfort in the majority of trucks. This is supplemented by many safety systems such as cameras, proximity & reversing sensors to complement the many safety other aspects of a modern truck
- Safety is paramount. Therefore, trucks are serviced by the manufactures workshops on a 6 weekly interval whilst having full R&M contracts to ensure maximum uptime & safety for the driver, other road users & pedestrians alike.
What are the benefits of working for ForFarmers UK?
- Employee Assistance Programme (offering support on a range of topics)
- Paid breaks
- New and well maintained trucks and kit
- No two days are the same offering variety in your role
- Opportunities to visit different sites and customers
- Options to enhance your pension after 12 months service (increased employer contributions)
- Newly implemented retention bonus (subject to T&Cs)
- Guarantee 44 hours per week
- Overtime paid at x1.5
- Opportunities to grow personally and develop within the business
- Holiday pay
- Newly qualified drivers welcome!
Are you the HGV Driver we are looking for?
If so, click apply to submit your CV through this link or alternatively, reach out to our UK Recruitment Business Partner, Ashleigh Sinclair (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss further.