Head of Legal, UK
Remote, Permanent, Full Time
Are you a service-oriented corporate lawyer/legal specialist with skills to understand and connect with ForFarmers' business model? An exciting opportunity to be co-responsible for Legal at ForFarmers UK has arisen.
What is the role?
As Head of Legal UK you are responsible for all areas of legal at ForFarmers UK. This is a hand on Legal role which involves wearing many hats. This includes responsibility for the likes of contract law, product liability, employment law, social security law, competition law, compliance issues and company secretary tasks to name a few.
The Legal function at ForFarmers consists of five professionals spread over the Netherlands and England. We support the company in all legal matters, such as concluding all kinds of contracts, advice on legal aspects linked to business operations and acquisition processes.
Although this role is remote, with ForFarmers sites spread across the UK, The successful candidate for this role will need to be willing to travel within the UK.
Tasks & Responsibilities
You will provide timely and proactive high-quality legal advice to ForFarmers UK and some group departments of ForFarmers N.V. advising on the potential impact of current and future legislation and regulations on the activities of ForFarmers in the UK and at group level.
Your main activities are:
- Providing legal support to various departments of ForFarmers UK (including the Sales teams, supply chain) and various country-specific group departments (including Nutrition & Innovation, Marketing, HR, Finance and Communication).
- You monitor and identify potential legal risks
- Ongoing general consultancy role within the company regarding legal issues
- Play a key role in ensuring any relevant legal and regulatory developments are reflected in the practices and processes of the organisation.
- You understand the needs of the company and translate these into sound and pragmatic legal advice.
- Production of high quality legal documents.
- Close cooperation on legal matters and group projects with your legal colleagues.
- You follow new legislation and translate this into procedures/activities.
- You provide legal training on various topics and with regard to compliance issues to colleagues.
This role will also incorporate responsibility as the company secretary
To be successful in this role, your CV will show:
- Master's degree in law. (Ideally) or be a qualified solicitor with equivalent working experience.
- In-house experience would be beneficial but not set in stone.
- Experience in property management and company secretary, litigation is a plus.
- Circa 8 – 12 years of legal work experience.
- Pragmatic, flexible team player who can handle stressful situations.
- Knowledge of GDPR
- UK Driving Licence
- Excellent written, listening and speaking communication skills, with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload effectively.
- A self-starter with a proactive approach.
Are a team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills, a person we can rely on? Do you bring a positive vibe and hands-on mentality to the entire team? Have you a good eye for detail and are precise in your work? Do you see where there is room for improvement whilst being open to change and will make a positive contribution to it? Are you are able to provide advice with conviction? If so, we want to talk to you!
Click Apply or reach out to our Recruitment Business Partner, Jordan Carter for more information.