Forage Technical Specialist
Having a good understanding of all technical aspects related to Forage & Arable cropping on livestock farms and good all round product knowledge within the key product areas of Seeds, Fertilisers, Forage Additives and Agchem.
The Forage Technical Specialist will be responsible for supporting the feed sales teams within the allocated region both by telephone and by visiting specific farms to advise on the correct choice, and use of products and appropriate services. Working alongside Ruminant Specialists and the wider forage team, the Forage Specialist will be accountable for the allocated local budgets for forage products and will provide the technical support and input required within the region.
The role is home based and requires good telephone and IT skills but will also involve travelling to farms across the territory and to attend appropriate meetings, shows and demonstrations.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Work with local feed team to achieve budgeted sales targets by supplying the necessary technical input to maintain existing and develop new business.
- To support appropriate customers with Nutrient Management Planning, Forage Production Planning and NVZ Action Planning and to link
- the customers use of these services to securing their forage product business.
- To advise on and deliver a range of analytical services i.e. soil, forage and slurry testing which will be required in support of the above planning services.
- Where appropriate develop a hands on approach with customers by walking crops, walking livestock and inspecting forages, with the aim of becoming the customer’s trusted adviser on all matters and products forage, so directly influencing the product purchase.
- Provide local feed team members with technical advice on correct use and application of the Forage Product range. Be prepared to organise and
- deliver local training solutions.
- Work with Product Managers, and Ruminant Specialists to maintain and develop sales matching the appropriate technical input to a given opportunity
- Use the CRM facility to develop and to optimise use of customer information as part of the sales and communication processes
- To be accountable for sales volumes and contribution within the allocated region in the core product areas of Seed, Fertiliser and Additives.
- Providing cost effective technical input within the sales area
- Development of Forage Skills and knowledge within the local team and ensure awareness of all offers promotions and pricing related to the forage product ranges Make available locally the relevant forage product literature
- Be responsible for safe keeping and administration of any locally stored forage products
- Representing the forage business on matters technical at team meetings and at local shows and events
- Responsibility to develop and maintain knowledge of both sales and technical aspects of key product areas and product ranges
- To work closely with the Forage Technical Manager, to ensure technical accuracy and consistency across the business
- To achieve necessary professional qualifications (BASIS and FACTS) by attending the appropriate courses and thereafter maintaining these qualifications by achieving the necessary ‘CPD’ points
- Attend technical events & courses with guidance from the Forage Technical Manager
- Use of CRM to develop and optimise further sales opportunities and aid the communication process
Your CV shows:
• Grassland BASIS
• FACTS (Desirable)
• Knowledge of Ruminant Forage Sector
• Sales Skills
• Telephone Sales Experience
• Self Motivated
• Team Player
• Results Driven
Are you the Forage Technical Specialist we are looking for? If so, click apply or reach out to our UK Recruitment Business Partner, Jordan Carter.