Engineering Manager, Exeter
An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site in Exeter for an Engineering Manager to lead and support a dynamic engineering team. The ideal candidate will be creative, innovative and self-motivated to ensure the department runs smoothly; that compliance is accurately maintained and accountable for department KPIs.
What will you do?
Leading the onsite maintenance technicians in the engineering department, supporting the production of high quality animal feeds in the most efficient way. Ensure that maintenance work is carried out effectively; issues are resolved in a timely fashion and have an input with the installation of new equipment.
Tasks and responsibilities as an Engineering Manager:
- Ensure that all maintenance, planned and unscheduled, are carried out safely and promptly.
- Be responsible for the maintenance budget and spend.
- Have an input with future CAPEX work and maintenance systems
- Leading a small team of engineers, ensuring training and development needs are meet.
- Looking at efficiencies of ways of working and equipment.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders, In particular the production department.
Your CV shows:
- That you have completed a recognised qualification in electrical or mechanical engineering.
- That you have experience of managing a small team.
- Several years’ relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with electrical energy technology, eg, PLC,s and Invertors.
- A working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- That you are prepared to work for on-call duties and to travel to other sites, as and when required to support the business.
Are you the Engineering Manager we are looking for?