Electrical Shift Engineer, Exeter
£42,400 per annum
4 on, 4 off - 12 hour shifts - days & nights
The Electrical Shift Engineer reports directly to the Production Manager. Their role is to ensure maximum uptime and efficient use of the production plant, ensuring that compliance with all Mechanical, Electrical and Environmental Statutory requirements.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure the plant is well maintained to ensure maximum uptime, by carrying out PPM as well as reacting to breakdowns
- Ensure the plant is back on line as soon as possible.
- Work with the ETM to plan long term repairs to plant that has had short term fix to cover production demands.
- Carry out daily, weekly maintenance/tasks on the Boiler
- Comply with Electricity at Work Regulations, to ensure electrical maintenance is carried out safely
- Check and maintain pressure systems including Steam, Condensate and Air
- Ensure the plant is safely isolated for colleagues and contractors can work and clean the plant safely.
- Assist contractors as and when required.
- Issue Permits to Work and Isolation Certificates and ensure the correct procedures are followed.
- Ensure that all spares used or are required is communicated to the ETM to ensure they are replaced or available for future repairs.
- Record works carried out on the plant are recorded in the daily maintenance log and on the Assets Master system (DSL)
- Maintain good housekeeping throughout the plant and site by repairing leaks and ensuring work areas are left clean and tidy.
- Follow a “quality first” attitude to “get it right first time” and ensure long term solutions are actioned to prevent further failures to the plant.
- Observe the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and all other relevant legislation, including the site safety policy.
Your CV shows:
- Electrically qualified (engineering)
- Diagnostic experience
- 24 volt circuits
- 3 phased electrics experience
- Strong communicator
- Excellent Health & Safety awareness
- Good COSSH awareness
Are you the person for this job? A ForFarmers Shift Engineer in waiting?
If yes - apply now - we look forward to hearing from you!