LGV Driver, For Farmers Bury St Edmunds
We are currently recruiting a keen and committed driver at our Bury St Edmunds site, who will be responsible for the safe delivery of our products to farm locations, whilst providing excellent customer service.
You will be delivering our customer orders, directly to farm, accurately and on time. Building strong relationships between departments, and with customers, to ensure you have the ability to resolve queries wherever possible. You will be a champion of safe working, and eco-driving.
Tasks and responsibilities
• LGV Driving: - All legal requirements to be met fully. Consideration for other road users and members of the public. Clear, accurate completion of tachograph records, manual entries and defect reports. Vehicles to be operated within relevant speed and weight limits at all times.
• Feed Delivery: - Accurate, safe working on customers farms. Care to be taken at all times to achieve correct bins for feed and UFAS compliance. Safety of farm employees, children and stock are paramount. Damage to buildings or other property to be avoided.
• Paperwork: - All delivery records, cleaning records, defect reports etc., to be completed accurately, in full and on time.
• Health & Safety: - Comply fully with company & customer health and safety policies.
• Environment: - Fully adhere to rules set out in the site IPPC, comply with company environment policy and assist the transport manager to improve the site EMS.
Essential Skills Required
• LGV Class C+E licence (minimum C)
• Ownership of a digital Tachograph Card
• Driver certificate of Professional Competency
• Regular driving of LGV’s.
• Fluent in English: Constant communication with colleagues and customers
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to comply with legislation
• Ability to demonstrate the highest level of professionalism
Are you the driver we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV with a covering letter through this link (https://www.workingatforfarmers.co.uk/) or through the ‘apply’ button.