HGV Driver, ForFarmers, Portbury
Various shift patterns based on 44 Hours per week
We are currently recruiting keen and committed drivers to be based at our Portbury site. Our driving team are responsible for the safe delivery of our products to farm locations throughout the South of England and Wales, providing exceptional customer service.
You will be delivering our customer orders, directly to farm, accurately and on time. Building strong relationships between departments, and with customers, to ensure you have the ability to resolve queries wherever possible. You will be a champion of safe working, and eco-driving.
Tasks and responsibilities
• LGV Driving: - All legal requirements to be met in full. Able to demonstrate consideration for other road users and members of the public. Clear, accurate completion of tachograph records, manual entries and defect reports. Vehicles to be operated within relevant speed and weight limits at all times.
• Feed Delivery: - Accurate, safe working on customers farms. Care to be taken at all times to achieve both delivery and UFAS compliance. Safety of farm employees, children and livestock are paramount. Damage to buildings or other property to be avoided.
• Documentation/PDE- All delivery records, cleaning records, defect reports etc., to be completed accurately, in full and on time. Driver debrief to be completed at end of shift.
• Health & Safety: - Comply fully with company & customer health and safety policies. Be proactive in identifying any safety issues.
• Environment: - Fully adhere to rules set out in the site IPPC, comply with company environmental policy and assist the transport manager to improve the site EMS.
Essential Skills Required
• HGV Class C+E licence (minimum C)
• Ownership of a digital Tachograph Card
• Driver certificate of Professional Competency
• Regular driving of HGV’s.
• Fluent in English: Constant communication with colleagues and customers
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to comply with legislation
• Ability to demonstrate the highest level of professionalism
Any experience in agriculture or use of pneumatic blowing equipment would be great, but not essential as full training will be given to the right candidate.
Are you the driver we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV with a covering letter through this link (https://www.workingatforfarmers.co.uk/) or through the ‘apply’ button.