Location Newcastle-under-Lyme, full time
What will you do?
The Driver Assessor reports directly to the Transport Manager and provides continuous professional development to drivers.
You will encourage consistent Health & Safety practices and help maintain driving a safety first culture ensuring legal undertakings and company rules are adhered to, whilst promoting a ‘safety first’ culture & a legally compliant transport operation. You will spend approximately 50% of your time as a Driver for the mill.
Tasks and responsibilities as a Driver Assessor:
Health and Safety, Environment and Quality Systems
• To ensure that you work to a safety first culture and to provide a safe working environment for yourself and other employees, protecting all visitors to the premises and meet all legal requirements and that all company rules are adhered to.
• Encourage good Health & Safety practice on site and customer premises, as well as the public highway.
• Assist the Transport Manager in on-farm delivery point hazard evaluation.
• Minimise emissions to the environment in relation to job function.
• All new drivers must be trained according to the ForFarmers driver induction programme and be fully briefed on Company procedures and protocols.
• Correctional training for all drivers that do not adhere to legislation through class room and on the road training
• Driver behaviour development to meet efficiency and future environmental targets.
• All drivers must be trained to the Driver CPC Standard, and all records must be kept up to date.
• To complete 50% of your time as a Driver for the mill.
• Performance management of drivers and continuous improvement in all functions are key elements of the transport team. Professional and regular reviews and monitoring performance against targets and standards are key to ensuring efficiency.
• Liaise with the Transport Manager to ensure full utilisation of the Driver and LGV resources and achievement logistics policies and strategies.
• Ensure that CPC and legislative knowledge is updated and refreshed on an on-going basis.
Your CV shows:
- C+E LGV driving Licence
- Driver assessor qualification (RTITB or equivalent)
- TM CPC or be prepared to work towards attainment
- IOSH certificate or be prepared to work towards attainment
- Knowledge of agriculture distribution company
- Minimum 2 years training experience (preferable)
Dynamic & enthusiastic. Good at organisation, proactive and with an ability to influence? Then we are looking for you!
Did you know that…
- ForFarmers (Lochem, the Netherlands) is an internationally operating feed company that offers Total Feed solutions for conventional and organic livestock farming.
- ForFarmers has a turnover of 2.4 billion euros and produces 10 million tonnes of animal feed per year?
- ForFarmers employs approximately 2,700 people and has sites in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, Poland and the UK?
- ForFarmers invests significantly in sustainability, animal welfare and safety?
- ForFarmers has the ambition to become the best supplier of feed for domestic animals in Europe and is well on its way? And that you can play a role in this?
We offer: excellent employment conditions, a good work atmosphere and plenty of freedom
Working with ForFarmers means working with: an internationally growing and highly dynamic company, a result-orientated organisation with a pleasant and informal work atmosphere, a company that gives you scope for individual initiative and responsibility as a result of which you can partially create your position and your future. Naturally, ForFarmers offers a good salary which suits your role, as well as excellent fringe benefits.