Customer Service Operator, For Farmers - Johnstown, Carmarthen
Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Monday – Friday (8:00 – 17:00)
Up to £18,000 PA
We are currently recruiting an exciting role within our Customer Service team at our site in Johnstown, Carmarthen. Our ideal candidate will be motivated; have experience with delivering great customer service; and can demonstrate excellent communication skills. You will be apart for a small dynamic team, but work closely with other departments such as planning, production and sales in order to be successful in this role.
As Customer Service Operator you will ensure our customer requirements are met in a highly professional manner; whilst meeting the Company objectives for KPI’s allocated to your role.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure accurate order processing and facilitate excellent service levels.
- Manage order taking to enable the capacity of mills and transport to be cost effectively utilised.
- Where medicated diets are required, Customer Service Operators will take responsibility for veterinary liaison and prescription management.
- A key aspect of this job is communicating with internal Customers such as transport, production and sales teams. Through negotiation with these teams, you are responsible for providing a first class Customer Service to our Customers. It is therefore essential that the customer service team are excellent communicators, friendly, helpful, sociable and able to work as part of a team.
- Many of our customers within this area often converse in Welsh. Ideally our Customer Service Operator will be able to speak Welsh in order to provide this specialist service to our customers.
- Customer Service Operators should be prepared on occasions to handle situations which will demand tact and sensitivity so that an outcome can be achieved whereby the customer is satisfied and that this is an achievable result for the Company
- Members of Customer Service team should be conscientious, self- motivated and well organised.
- At times there will be a high capacity of workload, so the ideal candidate will need to have a level of flexibility and able to work well under pressure.
Qualifications and Skills required
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills.
- Previous Customer Service experience.
- Great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Previous experience of working in a fast paced organisation.
- Ability to self-motivate.
- Awareness of the site UFAS, Health, Safety and Environmental (ISO14001) & Energy (ISO50001) responsibilities, is desirable but full training will be provided.
- Welsh Speaking candidate is desirable.
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays.
- Company contribution pension scheme.
- Free Parking on site.
- Good work atmosphere and plenty of freedom.
- Development opportunity.
- A result-orientated organisation with a pleasant and informal work atmosphere.
- A company that gives you scope for individual initiative and responsibility as a result of which you can partially create your position and your future.
Are you the Candidate we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV with a covering letter through this link (or through the ‘apply’ button). If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch.