What is the role of a Coordinator at ForFarmers?
The successful candidate will report directly into the Inbound Logistics Manager. The role combines planning for raw materials as well as managing the Inbound Logistics Team in order to achieve least cost distributions ensuring demand requirements are met.
Key responsibilities and duties of the role include:
- Ensuring that Raw Material supply contracts are used correctly paying attention to validity periods, working capital costs, rent due dates and geographical locations of where materials are placed.
- Ensure supply of Raw Materials is on the best cost basis possible to meet demand.
- To challenge and recommend improvement to mill operational practices.
- Liaison with haulers where necessary and deal with routine queries.
- To ensure contracts are administered correctly and closed down when completed ensuring the integrity of ForFarmers contract data.
- Negotiation of haulage and storage rates to ensure competitive rates are sourced whilst also ensuring deliveries are made as required.
- Departmental co-ordination of quality assurance issues ensuring records are maintained and up to date.
- Department point of contract for internal and external audits.
- Assist in training of mill planners to ensure consistence and an accurate approach is adopted at each mill.
- Assist in coordinating supply chain distributions and becoming the linking pin between the raw materials buyers, the central and local planners and wider business.
- Acting as the first point of contract for day to day people management (holiday, sickness etc)
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Circa 2 years planning experience in Transport/storage/production
- SAP Knowledge would be beneficial
- Computer literate
- Logical, Numerate and Analytical
- Attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communicator
- Good telephone manner
- Strong organisational skills
- A team player
- Able to on occasion visit other sites.
- Full Driving License.
Are you the Coordinator we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV with a covering letter through this link (or through the ‘apply’ button) or alternatively, reach out to our UK Recruitment Business Partner, Jordan Carter (Jordan.Carter@ForFarmers.eu)
What are the benefits of working for ForFarmers UK?
- Employee Assistance Programme (offering support on a range of topics).
- No two days are the same offering variety in your role.
- Options to enhance your pension after 12 months service (increased employer contributions).
- Opportunities to grow personally and develop within the business
- Cycle to work scheme.
- B&Q Trade card offering 10% discounts in-store and online.
- And much more!
Want to know a little more about ForFarmers?
Do you ever stop to wonder where your Sunday morning poached egg came from? Or the milk in your cafè latte? Or what about the sausage and bacon served with full English? It will come as no surprise to you that the animals which produce these products need to eat themselves too. And that’s where ForFarmers comes into the equation.
ForFarmers produces feed for cattle, pigs and poultry in both conventional and organic livestock farming. And that probably sounds a great deal simpler than it actually is. Make no mistake: an awful lot of knowledge, research and innovation has gone into one of those seemingly simple-looking chunks of animal feed. And these are the kind of things we, as a company, invest a great deal in.