Casual Process Operator, ForFarmers – Portbury
We are currently recruiting a Casual Process Operator role within our feed mill, at our Portbury site.
You will be working as part of the Production team, so it is essential our successful candidate can work well within a team environment and have the ability to self-motivate.
The ideal candidate will be able to communicate well and provide a service to both internal and external customers to ensure orders are met and all regulations and written instructions are adhered to. You will have awareness of the Health, Safety and Environmental responsibilities, ensuring compliance with all procedures and systems of work.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Production of feed
- Using the computerised system, manufacture feeds safely, to company standards achieving target throughputs and efficiency.
- Take samples of feed, checking for physical quality and recording accurately.
- Carry out routine plant cleaning and adjustments.
- Replacement of consumable parts.
- Assist in stock takes with accurate recording.
- Able to cover staff sickness and other extra hours.
- Other duties as given by shift supervisor.
- Assist the engineering team as necessary.
Bulk & Bag Loading
- Using a fork lift truck load & remove 1T totes into and out of tote tipping units, according to drivers loading sheet. Take samples and complete documentation associated with this duty.
- Load and unload bag vehicles using a fork lift truck, according to load lists and other information provided by weighbridge staff or as directed by Line Management.
- Operate fork lift trucks safely and ensure that preshift checks are completed, and defects reported. Always drive with due care for pedestrians that may be in the warehouse and yard areas.
- Load bulk lorries using the computerised system. Quality checking and keeping records as necessary.
- Complete regular housekeeping activities in your work area and other areas as deemed necessary.
Health and Safety
- Work so as to protect yourself and other employees.
- Assist with checking and updating Risk Assessments and Work Instructions..
- Be proactive in raising concerns.
Qualifications and Job requirements
- Computer literate
- FLT Counterbalance licence desirable.
- An awareness of the importance of our responsibilities to working within current legislation.
- Ability to abide by health and safety procedures.
- Able to work shift patterns (2 days, 06.00-18.00, 2 nights 18.00-06.00 followed by 4 days off). The ideal candidate will be flexible with working hours to support the operation.
- Great attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
Are you the Candidate we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV with a covering letter through this link (https://www.workingatforfarmers.co.uk/) or through the ‘apply’ button.
Did you know
Working with ForFarmers means working with an internationally growing and highly dynamic company.
• ForFarmers has a turnover of 2.1 billion euros and produces 9.3 million tonnes of animal feed per year?
• ForFarmers employs approximately 2,270 people and has sites in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium and the UK?
• ForFarmers invests significantly in sustainability, animal welfare and safety?
• ForFarmers has the ambition to become the best supplier of feed for domestic animals in Europe and is well on its way? And that you can play a role in this?