Assistant Transport Manager / Trainee Assistant Transport Manager
Location Penrith, full time, Tuesday to Saturday 8-5pm
What will you do?
We are currently recruiting a knowledgeable and enthusiastic Assistant Transport Manager to work at our Penrith Site. You will be supporting the Transport Manager and working closely with the Transport team and other onsite departments. You will be a part of a busy working environment so the ideal candidate must be able to communicate well and thrive within a team atmosphere.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Prioritise health and safety in the workplace, and assisting colleagues with the right behaviours and attitude towards H&S.
- Ensure the Transport team adhere to processes and legal compliance.
- Checking & monitoring operational status daily and assume accountability.
- Assist with the delivery of customer SLA's and OTIF KPIs aligned to targets.
- Support the deployment of the right amount of resource in-line with operational needs and budgets.
- Aid the Transport Manager to track volumes v/s expenditure and to ensure productivity KPI's are met.
- Provide the necessary leadership and coaching to the team and develop key relationships within the business.
- Ensure the operation is safe and legally compliant at all times.
- Continually review all aspects of the operation, methods and processes to keep in line with continuous improvement.
- Have regular input, interface and relationship building with key customer’s in-line with account management teams.
- Deputise for the Transport Manager in their absence.
- Provide support to the Transport Manager with managing the employees within Transport.
Your CV shows:
- Previous experience of operating within a transport operation.
- CPC National Qualification CPC (or the undertaking to work towards gaining one)
- Experience in customer/trading relations.
- Exposure to operating within a commercial environment sufficient to develop effective customer service and commercial understanding.
- Willingness in delivering successful cultural change programs.
- People management and line management experience is desirable.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety and Legal compliance.
- Excellent organisational skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Team working and customer focused attitude.
- Great communication skills.
- Good computer literacy skills, including Microsoft office and Microsoft programs.
Are you the Assistant Transport Manager we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV with a covering letter through this link or reach out to our UK Recruitment Business Partner, Jordan Carter.