Location Shepshed, full time
No experience in a similar role is required, all training will be provided for the right person!
What will you do?
With support from the Co-Product Traders, you will be responsible for increasing and developing the trading activity in your allocated area in order to expand market share in the large Ruminant and Intensive sectors. Working with ForFarmers sales teams and direct on to farm you will promote the total feed business activities on farm.
We will provide you with all the necessary training and tools to be successful in the role so although agricultural knowledge is advantage it is not essential. Confidence making outbound sales calls is essential for the role as is excellent communication and a flair for sales negotiation as you promote our business to our internal and external customers and suppliers.
Supply volumes often change so the ability to keep calm under pressure and the ability to breakdown problems and generate solutions is fundamental part of the role ensuring all parts of the supply chain are updated, working with and motivating your production planner to successful end results. You will use our CRM system to ensure we provide a 360 degree view of the customers to all within ForFarmers.
Tasks and responsibilities (or: What is your role?) as a Trader:
- Following up on leads from the sales team
- Identify new business opportunities
- Logging customer interactions on the C4C system
- Monitor, develop and maintain the input of information on our C4C database.
- Attending meetings as required
- Provide volume availability and price for enquires about co-products generated by the field sales force and total feed specialists
- Strive to achieve outbound sales targets
- Driver sales campaigns for the field sales force and total feed specialists
- Support in delivering best practice and knowledge sharing
Your CV shows:
- Customer focused, commercially minded with a target driven proactive mindset
- Able to work as part of a team
- Strong IT skills
- Having a ‘go to market’ attitude
- Proactive and results driven
- Sales and Closing skills
- Computer literate
- Strong communicator
- Ability to react to the demand of clearance contracts which involves out of hours working and on call
- That you are prepared to attend sales meetings including presentations and to travel to visit suppliers and customers as required.
Outgoing, flexible and proactive and with an eye for a opportunity? Then we are looking for you!
Are you the Assistant Trader we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV with a covering letter through this link (or through the ‘apply’ button)