Poultry Account Manager
North West, full time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to join the Forfarmers Poultry team reporting directly to the UK Poultry Director.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual with previous poultry knowledge and excellent communication and sales skills along with the drive to succeed in a continuously growing market. You will be working as part of the wider UK poultry team to focus on growing and developing existing clients together with generating new business opportunities throughout the North West within the Broiler/ Layer & Turkey sector.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Selling Skills and Customer/Prospect Management
- Through the implementation of principles of account management develop individual customer and prospect relationships
- Through good relationships and communication establish the business needs of our customer/prospects to deliver the total feed solution.
- Update/maintain the company CRM system to identify sales opportunities, record market/competitor information and manage the sales territory
- Clearly communicate performance and future Forecasts accurately.
- Achieve budgeted volume and added value targets set by your line manager for Compound sales in line with the Sales Remuneration
- Sell the total feed business offering in addition to compound feeds, target sales of Straights along with home mix products and opportunities.
- Manage debtor days and achieve the targets set by your line manager
- Complete accurately and on time all company requirements: new account forms, credit/debit notes, expenses etc
- Complaints: record and make recommendations on the settlement of complaints within agreed guidelines and achieve resolution within targeted response time
- Pricing: negotiate all pricing within agreed guidelines and submit prices through the Sales Information System (SIS) in a timely manner and ensure all contracts are completed and recorded
- Credit Control: ensure all accounts are trading within agreed terms and target direct debit payments to reduce debtor days
- Optimise delivery options, through increased 24 hour delivery, dual dates, and minimise late orders
- Implement variable haulage rates to maximise operational efficiency and manage customer expectations
Health and Safety
- To ensure that you work to a safety first culture and to provide a safe working environment, protecting all visitors to the premises and meet all legal requirements.
Your CV shows: