Penrith, full time
The Account Manager reports directly to the Sales Manager and is responsible for selling the total feed business offering and achieving the Budgeted Volume and margin targets set by the business appropriate to his/her job grade.
Tasks and responsibilities:
The role of Account Manager is to deliver budgeted sales volumes and margins across the total product offering whilst maintaining debt within company guidelines. Working with all the sales related departments and specialists and reporting to the Sales Manager the role is to deliver the company strategic plan.
Selling Skills and Customer/Prospect Management
- Through the implementation of principles of account management develop individual customer and prospect relationships
- Through the use of the 7 steps of selling establish the business needs of our customer/prospects, then using the proposal document make a business proposal
- Update/maintain the company CRM system to identify sales opportunities, record market/competitor information and manage the sales territory
- Achieve budgeted volume and added value targets set my your line manager for Compound and Blend sales in line with the Sales Remuneration
- Sell the total feed business offering in addition to compound and blends, target sales of Straights and forage products
- Manage debtor days and achieve the targets set by your line manager
- Complete accurately and on time all company requirements: new account forms, credit/debit notes, expenses etc
- Complaints: record and make recommendations on the settlement of complaints within agreed guidelines and achieve resolution within targeted response time
- Pricing: negotiate all pricing within agreed guidelines and submit prices through the Sales Information System (SIS) in a timely manner and ensure all contracts are completed and recorded
- Credit Control: ensure all accounts are trading within agreed terms and target direct debit payments to reduce debtor days
- Optimise delivery options, through increased 24 hour delivery, dual dates, and minimise late orders
- Implement variable haulage rates to maximise operational efficiency and manage customer expectations
Health and Safety
- To ensure that you work to a safety first culture and to provide a safe working environment, protecting all visitors to the premises and meet all legal requirements.
Your CV shows:
- University/College level or proven knowledge/experience from work placements
- relevant working experience
- Selling/Customer service experience
- Ability to sell
- Entrepreneurial skills
- Knowledge of the business and having a “go to market” attitude
- Communication skills
- Strategic thinking capabilities
- Proactive / results driven
- IT literate
Are you the Account Manager we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV with a covering letter through this link (or through the ‘apply’ button) before the 12th June 2020